2019 National Sexual Assault Conference Travel Scholarship Information
Financial assistance for the 2019 National Sexual Assault Conference will be offered in the form of travel scholarships which can help cover travel to and from the conference and lodging costs. Awards will be decided by the National Sexual Assault Conference Scholarship Committee staffed by employees of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape and National Sexual Violence Resource Center and based solely on the information you provide on the application.
All participants must pay the conference registration fee prior to applying for the travel scholarship. No funds will be awarded until the registration fee has been paid.
The theme of the conference this year- Beyond the Breakthrough- recognizes the current positive energy around sexual violence prevention and our commitment to keep that momentum going.
The following will be important in our decisions:
- Those from non-profit, community-based and/or grassroots organizations who work to prevent sexual violence and/or serve sexual assault survivors.
- Those who work primarily with underserved populations.
- Applicants who are traveling a great distance. (Please note: Scholarship funds are available only to those in the United States and U.S. Territories).
- First time attendee to the National Sexual Assault Conference.
How to Apply for Travel Scholarships
- All applicants must register and pay for the conference before applying for a travel scholarship
- Once registered, you will receive a link to apply for a travel scholarship in your registration confirmation email
- The link to apply for travel scholarships is only available through the link in your confirmation email
- The deadline to apply for travel scholarships is June 1, 2019
Multiple applications from one organization will be accepted. If more than one person from the same organization applies for a travel scholarship, the Scholarship Committee may award one lump sum to the organization (rather than individuals) and ask that they distribute among staff as appropriate.
Decisions about scholarship funds will be based on the information you share and your responses to the ways you and your organization are working to end sexual violence.
Each application will be reviewed by at least two people. We are committed to an open and straightforward process. If you have specific questions or concerns regarding this application please email Alexa Livelsberger at email@example.com.